Wednesday 31 March 2010

Introspection(I suspect, part one)

Ah choices. One of my friends once said, it's better to have one watch than many, atleast you know the exact time. I'm starting to get that statement. I gave both my interviews, and none of them went very satisfactorily, which means I'm still looking at career options.

I talked to dad today, and he said he'd always wanted to do his thing. He completed his course, then did a job at a private firm for some years, and then started his own office.

My problem is that I go pell-mell into something, and then I don't know what to do. It's weird that after four years of engineering, I still don't know what I am. No, scratch that, I know what I can be, both at my best and my worst. I've started to know my limits, and I get my weaknesses. And how to get myself out of them(sometimes). I'm curious, and I don't care about danger, or about working hard. (Or so I'd like to think) I'm passionate about minorities, and I'm a sucker for underdogs.

The only thing is, I don't really have a passion about anything in my life. I don't know what I could spend the rest of my life doing. Rather, the thought of spending the rest of my life doing one thing sort-of scares me. In a very commitment-phobe sort of way. I mean, you want it to happen, but if it happens you know you're lost. I'm rambling here.

No comments: