Thursday 7 January 2010

light!

After the emotional train-wreck that has been my sojourn in college, it's heartening to know that sometimes, some people here can look beyond the whole University is King philosophy.

Like for example, for admission to a certain college for an MBA, (did I mention I'm trying? Not too hard this year, but yeah.) I needed a reference from our respected HOD. Yesterday, when I went to get it, the first thing he asks me is my Resume. Now, the format given us for the college resume has our uni marks on the very first page. In Bold. Naturally, that wasn't going to help my case. I spent the whole of yesterday's afternoon crafting(yes, crafting) out a resume, with a lot of emphasis on my projects and co-curricular activities, and today morning gave a small, yet effusive speech about the sheer beauty and simplicity of the UI of the new iPod touch. (I'm pretty sure I used those exact words.) In the HOD's lecture of course.

I don't know if it was the speech, the vigil I kept outside his office today, my gem of a resume(ahem!), or just plain dumb luck that he was in a good mood, but I completed my applications today. And had a rather heartening conversation with him in the process. He's certainly gotten himself a new fan!

No comments: